Freephone 0800 433 2255 | 0114 241 3970
Straightforward legal advice ...that doesn't cost the earth

Wills, Probate & Trusts

FREEPHONE: 0800 433 2255



Dealing with the death of a friend or family member can be a very emotional time, we are happy to help in any way we can.  Firstly, the death needs to be registered, and then you would need to find out if the deceased left a valid Will.  If so, the executor(s) of the Will would need to determine if a grant of probate is required and when doing so, determine if any tax is due.  The executor then collects the estate, clears any debts and distributes the estate in accordance with the Will.  If the deceased did not leave a Will, then a personal representative (usually the next of kin) would need to apply for letters of administration and follow the rules of intestacy. 


What is an estate?

What is an estate debt?

What is an executor/administrator?

What happens if my beneficiaries are minors when I pass away?

What is a Grant of Probate/Letters of Administration?

Do I need a Grant of Probate/Letters of Administration?

Do I get paid to be an executor?

SSB Law Probate Solicitors Sheffield - we offer a range of fixed fee services to assist you as an executor or to take over your responsibilities.