Freephone 0800 433 2255 | 0114 241 3970
Straightforward legal advice ...that doesn't cost the earth

Wills, Probate & Trusts

FREEPHONE: 0800 433 2255

Dying Intestat

What if you were partners but not married or were civil partners?

If you weren't married or registered civil partners, you won't automatically get a share of your partner's estate if they don't make a will. If they haven't provided for you in some other way, your only option is to make a claim using certain legislation. You can make a claim under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.